ACCEPTANCE SPEECH

Hon. Prince Bawa Joe


ACCEPTANCE SPEECH BY Hon GIDEON JOSHUA on my confirmation of appointment by NEO-POLITICAL RENAISSANCE AS VP NORTHEAST

The convener, National president,
Distinguished Members of the Executive Board,

The secretary General,
Regional leaders/Heads,
Ladies and gentlemen

I am honoured and privileged to take the floor before the Board on the occasion of my appointment as Regional Leader for Northeast. I hereby accept this appointment and promise to discharge my duties for the betterment of the Northeast region and Nigeria 🇳🇬 at large.

Let me seize this opportunity to pay tribute to the very important and exceptional role played by the Executive National leaders.  My participation in its contribution and it's efforts to reform and transform our country a better place for all of us obviously helped to enrich my experience. I must also add that the foresight of the convener  Hon. E. A Grahams and the unflinching support I enjoyed in this period undoubtedly help to spur me on to my present mission.

We need to change the way we feel. No more grumbling about modern Nigeria 🇳🇬. I love this country as it is not as it was and I believe our best days lie ahead.

We need to change the way we think. It's not enough just to talk about tackling problems in our inner cites we have to have all of the right ideas for turning those country around.

And we need to change, and we will change, the way we behave. I'm fed up with the Punch and Selfish politics of godfatherism, the name calling, backbiting, point scoring, finger pointing in our country.

I want us to lead a Conservative team that when the government does the right thing, we will work with them, and when they do the wrong thing we will call them to account and criticise them.
We won't play politics with the long-term future of this country we will work to get it right. And I want us to change because this country faces huge leadership challenge
They are not challenges you can put in individual boxes, they're complex, they're interconnected, to deal with them takes hard work, complex research, deep thinking and I WANT US TO GET IT RIGHT
At the heart of what I believe are two simple principles, TRUSTING PEOPLE AND SHARING RESPONSIBILITY

I believe that if you trust people and give them more power and control over their lives, they become stronger, and society becomes stronger too, and I believe profoundly that we are all in this together.

We all have a responsibility, as individuals, as parents, as families, as businesses, as Government, as Members of NPR, we all have a role to play. And it is by bringing those values to play that we can do good for our country again.

I won't do it on my own, yur state Chairman can't do it alone, we need the support of every Conservative member of this movement

People in this country are crying out for a Conservative leaders that are decent, reasonable, sensible, commonsense, and in it for the long term of this country. And that is the project we are going to build, and I want everyone to join in.

To those who are yet to be part of this great movement,  if you have a passion for positive politics, come and join us

If you want to build a modern, compassionate Conservative party,  come and join us. If you want me and all of us to be a voice for hope, for optimism and for change, come and join us. In this modern, compassionate Conservative Renaissance movement, everyone is invited.

Thank you.
LONG LIVE NPR
LONG LIVE NIGERIA 🇳🇬 
Hon.  Gideon Joshua
Prince Bawa Joe

Comments